Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. Here are some links to help you and your kids understand Thanksgiving’s rich history and consider ways to be thankful:
- Thoughts on gratitude and thanksgiving from John Piper
- Justin Taylor recommends learning about Squanto through a book or audio play
- FamilyLife provides several articles about Thanksgiving including idea for how to give thanks. In one article, Barbara Rainey recommends reading about the Pilgrims and recording your blessings.
- Focus on the Family provides some ideas for family Thanksgiving traditions including a special breakfast, tree of thanks and a tablecloth of memories
- John Piper preached a sermon on who we should invite to Thanksgiving dinner