This prioritized Bible memory passage list is roughly based on Crossway’s most frequent ESV Bible searches and supplemented to expand the breadth of topics covered. Hopefully, it will be helpful to you as you consider what to memorize.
If you were to learn everything, you’d know most of the top 10 highlighted verses, top 50 most searched verses, the most frequently used book (adjusted for length) and much of the top 15 most frequently used chapters. It’s viable to complete the list in five years by learning approximately one chapter every two months (~25 verses) January through October and using November and December as review time.
- Romans 8:1-39 (conquering in the Spirit)
- 1 Corinthians 13 (the nature of love)
- Romans 3 (law, sinfulness and salvation)
- Ephesians (if you’re going to memorize one book, this is it; dense in doctrine and practice)
- Matthew 5-7 (Sermon on the Mount)
- James 1 (testing, doing the Word)
- 1 Peter 4 (suffering)
- John 3:1-21 (born again through the Son)
- Philippians 2:1-18 (humility)
- Philippians 4:4-13 (peace and practice)
- Colossians 1:9-23 (the nature of Jesus)
- Colossians 3 (living with hearts set on things above)
- Exodus 20:1-20 (10 commandments)
- Psalm 23 (death)
- Psalm 51 (repentance)
- Psalm 139 (God’s omniscience)
- Proverbs 31:10-31 (characteristics of a godly woman)
See Long Bible Passages to Memorize for additional ideas. If you need help memorizing, try the Fighter Verses app.
Pingback: Long Bible Passages to Memorize | James' Mirror – Christian Discipleship Guide