Halloween generates much discussion among Christians. Should we ‘celebrate’ Halloween like everyone else by allowing our children to go door-to-door, provide an alternative at church (trunk or treat or All Hallows Eve) or abstain completely? Here are some articles from each of the different positions. The Resurgence article is the best place to start for an overview of the issue and Hank Hanegraff’s is short, and well written.
- Abstain from Halloween: Christian Answers and Joe Barnett
- Follow your conscience: Resurgence, CARM and Billy Graham Association
- Use it as a teaching opportunity: Hank Hanegraaff at CRI and John Piper
- Use it as a evangelism opportunity: Ben Witherington
- Don’t take the spiritual nature of it lightly: Bible League
- Participate with enthusiasm: Anderson Rearick